Selling your Business
How to sell your business
At Rentokil Initial we are always on the lookout for high quality pest control and hygiene companies to join our family.
We would be keen to hear from you if you are thinking about selling your business. We know businesses come in all shapes and sizes, and no opportunity is too large or too small.
Contact us today to register your interest!
Are you selling your business?
At Rentokil Initial, we look for the following attributes when we consider buying a business:
- Is your business built from ongoing sustainable profit? That is largely the basis for the valuations we make. We don’t chase revenue. We focus on the bottom line too.
- Is your financial information timely, accurate and fit to run the business?
- How reliant is the business on you? Can others in your team step up if you want to exit completely?
- We understand no business is perfect, but are there any vulnerabilities and risks in your business?
- Is your estate planning and/or tax situation in order?
What we look for in an acquisition candidate
Good management and field staff
- Acquisitions are a great way to find good people who want to grow in a larger business
- Investment in colleague training
- Treating colleagues with respect, empowered to deliver great service in the Right Way
Interest in locations
- We want to expand our service footprint especially in our emerging and growth markets while adding in bolt-on acquisitions to those areas we already service
- Solid market pricing – not the lowest cost provider, customers understand the value you bring
- Safety and well-being of frontline colleagues, paid properly – Attractive pay and benefits attracts good people, providing a safe environment brings out their best work
- Predominantly recurring maintenance services – This forms a basis for growth
Recognise the importance of customers and colleagues
- We value strong, long-lasting relationships with colleagues and customers
- A commitment to top quality service, delivered consistently
Why selling to Rentokil Initial is good for you and your business
We have bought over 150 businesses in the past 4 years and have sold plenty as well – so we know what it is like to be in your shoes.
We know you want a quick, clean, simple, confidential acquisition at a good price and we know exactly how to do that.
- We use our team of in-house experts, not third parties, as we understand the way pest businesses are run. We also know how to integrate our acquisitions to achieve our plan without “shredding” your business in the process.
- We offer creative, flexible purchase structures tailored to your unique situation
- No opportunity is too large or too small. We will consider your business on its merits and seek to preserve the heritage and capability you have built.
- We provide opportunities to stay and grow your career with Rentokil – so many of our colleagues today have come through mergers and acquisitions.
- Our global technical expertise and innovation strengthens your service offering.
Don’t just take our word for it
At the right time in our discussions, if beneficial to you, we’d be pleased to arrange for you to speak with some of our previous acquisitions to share first-hand experiences and help you understand why they chose to join Rentokil Initial.
To discuss your business opportunities, contact us today.